what is seo ?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is the process of getting traffic from the free, organic, editorial or natural search results on the search engine result page . Put simply, it’s the name given to the activity that is trying to improve search engine rankings. In many ways it is simply a quality control for websites.
SEO can target various types of searches, including image search, local search, video search, and message search engines. Using a sound SEO strategy will help you to position your website properly, to be found at the most critical points in the buying process, or when people need your website.
Search Engine Crawlers
- The leading search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo! use crawlers to find the pages for their algorithmic search results. Pages linked from other search engine index pages do not need to be submitted because they are automatically found.
- Search engine crawlers can take various factors into account when crawling a website. Not every page is indexed by the search engines. Removing pages from the root of a site can also be a factor in whether pages are crawled or not.
we should be careful to pay attention to the following points to ensure that your brand is well positioned in search engines:
Points to note
1. Search engines want to do their job as well as possible by pointing users to websites and content that is most relevant to what the user is looking for. This is determined by the content of the website, how fast your website is loaded, how often your website is linked to other credible online resources and what the user experience looks like, including design, navigation and bounce rate.
2.The elements not wanted by the search engines are: keyword stuffing, buying links and poor user experience (too many ads and high bounce rates).
- Domain naming is important to your overall branding. As a best practice, use subdirectory root domains (example.com/events) and subdomains (events.example.com). Other best practices for domain names are to use consistent domains and keywords in the URL.
4.Optimize for different types of results. Focus not only on the desktop experience, but also focus on optimizing mobile devices and tablets with other media.
5.Website content should include title tags and meta descriptions. Meta tags are not as important as in the past. If you use them, make sure they are formatted correctly.
Two ways to practice Seo.
- On-page-seo: To understand what advertisers mean by SEO content, it is helpful to divide the term into its components: “SEO” refers to search engine optimization or the process of optimizing a website so users can easily find it through search engines like Google.
- Off-page-seo: refers to techniques that can be used to improve the position of a website in the search engine results page (SERPs). … In general, off page SEO has to do with advertising methods – beyond the website design – to place a website higher in the search results.
8 Best on-page SEO Trends and Techniques 2017
- 1. Use SEO friendly URLs.
- 2. Avoid ugly URLs: backlinko.com/p=123. …
- 3.Start title with keyword.
- 4. Add modifiers to the title.
- 5. Wrap your blog post title in an H1 tag.
- 6.Map with multimedia.
- 7.Wrap subtitles in H2 tags.
- 8.Drop keyword in the first 100 words.
Take a look at the list of Top 10 Best Off-page SEO
1. Social Media Engagement
- A great off-page SEO technique is social media engagement. If you want to make your business, website, or blog popular, engage with people on different social media platforms. Being present on social media will help build your business and help you get more backlinks.
Top social networking sites
2.Social Bookmarking sites
- Social bookmarking sites are one of the best platforms to promote your website. If you bookmark your website or blog post on popular social bookmarking sites, you will gain high traffic on your website or blog.
Popular and high PR bookmarking websites
3. Forum Submission
- Join search forums that relate to your website and your business and connect to this community. Answer threads, answer people’s questions, and give suggestions and advice. Use the “Do-Follow” forums.
List of high PR forums
4. Blog Directory Submission
- Directory Submission is constantly working on creating high quality backlinks. Choose an effective directory and choose a suitable category. It will take some time to get good results, but these results will last a long time.
Free directory submission list
5. Article Submission
- Submit your articles in a high-resolution article submission directory. You can also provide links to your website. Make sure your content is unique and of high quality. Low quality content and content that contains more keyword stuffing may be disapproved. Choose the right category and give your content a good title.
Free Article Submission sites
6. Question and Answer
- One of the best ways to get high traffic is the question and answer website. Participate in PR questions and answers and search for questions about your business, blog or website and provide clear answers to these questions. Enter a link to your website that will give you more visibility.
Question and Answer websites
7. Video Submission
- If you want to make your video popular, visit popular video submission sites. Provide a correct title, description, tags and reference links. One of the most popular ways to get high-quality links is because all video submission sites have high PR.
Video sharing sites
8. Image Submission
- Share your photos on popular picture sharing websites. Before submitting your pictures, please optimize them with the right URL and the right day. Before sending your pictures, check if they have a correct title, description and tags.
Image sharing sites
9. Infographics Submission
- Create creative infographics. Nowadays, infographics are becoming popular on the internet. Submit your infographics on infographic login pages and provide reference links to your website or blog. The image sizes are different for different websites.
Infographics Submission Sites
10. Document sharing
- Create attractive documents for your company or blog. The documents should have a clear content and be available in either pdf or ppt format. Submit these documents to the document sharing sites
Document sharing sites
VIDEO: SEO explains
New to SEO? Start with this fast and easy to understand search engine optimization video. It will quickly cover the basics:
Proper on-page and off-page optimization work will better position your website in SERP. The above sites are listed on the PA (Page Authority), DA (Domain Authority), and PR (Page Rank) sites. Please comment here if you know any other features that we can add to this list that we may have forgotten